Championships & Top Ten
The following programs and titles are being established as award programs through MASCUSA, and are in no way affiliated with the American Kennel Club. On June 27, 2012 the Miniature American Shepherd advanced to the AKC Miscellaneous Class. The Miniature American Shepherd is not yet eligible to earn Championship points or work towards the Championship programs awarded by and through the AKC. The right to these programs – for the Miniature American Shepherd – will not be in place until the breed is granted full recognition by AKC. Until that time, these programs serve to fill the gap that exists. When the AKC advances the Miniature American Shepherd to full recognition allowing the breed to compete for AKC Championships, the MASCUSA Championship and Grand Championship programs will be retired.
Beginning June 27, 2012, MASCUSA will grant Championships, Grand Championships, and Merit awards to dogs that meet all requirements set forth in the following document.
- Show Rules and Special Programs and Awards (pdf)
- MASCUSA Winsheet for AKC Shows (pdf)
- MASCUSA Winsheet for non-AKC Shows (pdf)
- MASCUSA Sanctioning Application for non-AKC Shows (pdf)
- MASCUSA Championship ~ Grand Championship ~ Merit Award Application (pdf)
Note - The MASCUSA Board of Directors approved an extension of the deadline for winsheets for the awards period beginning June 27, 2012 and ending December 31, 2012. The new deadline for winsheets for this program period is January 15, 2013. All winsheets for this program period must be postmarked by that date to be accepted and no exceptions will be granted.
As of June 27, 2012, in order for any dog to participate in the MASCUSA Championship, Grand Championship, or Merit programs, the dog – and/or its owner(s) of record - must meet the following criteria:
- Dog must be at least six (6) months of age on the day of the show.
- Dog must be registered with AKC FSS as a Miniature American Shepherd.
- At least one owner of the dog must be a member in good standing with MASCUSA to earn points towards Championships, Grand Championship, and/or Merit program.
- Dogs must be entered and shown in a Miniature American Shepherd class and judged using the AKC Miniature American Shepherd breed standard.
AKC will tabulate points that are earned at AKC shows in the Miscellaneous class and will award the Certificate of Merit to qualified dogs. Dogs that qualify will be invited to show at the 2012 Eukanuba show.